Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Houston, we have a problem

I can't get my water supply to work in the van and I don't really know what the problem is.  I filled the tank, I read the book and still nothing but air...

I'm in Houston (British Columbia) with my sister and her family for the week.  I haven't seen the boys in a few years, since my sister drove up north to visit me in Fort Resolution in 2007.  They're growing like weeds and I'm enjoying spending time with everyone.  This past weekend, my sister and I packed up the van and headed west in search of a great place to camp. Turns out we were a day late for most campgrounds as we didn't leave until Saturday, however we were able to locate a brand new, private campground, just outside of Terrace called Goldfish Resort.  It was small, but adequate.  Our site was next to the stacked woodpile that was free - yes free...hard to imagine in a provincial campground.  We were also right next to the port-a-potty and we had power and water hookups.  I still don't have a converter to change my 15amp plug to a 30amp plug so had to borrow one from the campground owners.  I have discovered that many of the campgrounds only have 30amp service.  The elusive converter plug has proven very difficult to locate. Next stop - ebay.

We had a fabulous weekend, camping and shopping in the local area. We stopped at some beautiful sites and I took tons of photos, which I'll post a bit later tonight when I get them all  uploaded to my computer. The weather was awesome, and just a few sprinkles now and then.  My sister let her hair down (not literally - there isn't enough, heh heh) and seemed to think her big sister was pretty funny.  I think more the case, many funny/embarrassing things have happened in my life and I tell a good story.  In any case, we had many laughs and caught up, which was sooooo good.  The last time I saw my sister was when our father died, so we were looking to make new memories and we did.

I'll be here until Sunday, when I head south finally, and will visit with a few friends along the way before heading to Victoria on Thursday for most of the summer with my west coast "family". A. is a great friend I met through another great friend and her husband has become the brother I wish I had (my biological brother is still alive, but dead to me), and then there's their little guy that I can't wait to see - last saw him as a 10 week old infant a few Christmases ago.

I can't believe I've been on the road for nearly two months already...where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.