Friday, May 7, 2010

Here are the highlights - I'm in Whitehorse, finally! the Hendrix painting above is on a local shop, Northern Hempisphere.  I LOVE IT! We camped in Liard River, at the hot springs campground. I took at long dip in the natural hot springs and it felt so GOOD. The Alaska highway was as predictable as expected - lots of wildlife, tons of potholes you drive IN and OUT of, and mountains that take your breath away. I didn't stop to take a ton of photos, just in a few key points as it was already a long enough day driving through the mountains.  The van held up really well, however it doesn't like to be driven at 100km/hr or higher, so it is very important not let my mind stray and creep up there as the engine light comes on that I'm overheating. I often just park then and take Stormy for a walk. He has become quite easy to take for a walk and walks along like a dog most times.  He has his stubborn moments, like any dog I ever owned.


It is soo good to see my darling daughter again, thriving in life. She was out for a run this morning at 6am...I was snuggled deep beneath the covers with Stormy. 


The signs in the photos above are at the Signpost Forest in Watson Lake, about 4 hours east of Whitehorse. There are thousands of signs posted here from all over the world.  I dragged my friend G's sign from Miramichi with me to post. Hers was from a shop she once owned for many years.  The painted JUDE is on the side of the road along the way. Hundreds of people have arranged rocks in this manner along this highway, so I added mine to the collection.  Many are painted out like this to stand out from the others.  The sunset photo was at the campground in Dawson Creek.


So today I purge the van, and get out and enjoy the day while the rest of the gang is at work. Beautiful sunny day - I can take this weather, I surely can.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I laughed when I read the part about you owning a vehicle that forces you to stay under 100k/h. I just keep hearing you regaling me with tales of your youthful speedy driving as we sailed into the rhubarb that awfully snowy day on the way to Hay River.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics Jude! Looks amazing up North...enjoy spending time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that day, Indigo - I never went over 80, but should hzve stayed around 60 instead!

    ReplyDelete

hey, share your thoughts with me.