Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Island Life ROCKS

this is too much snow...gross.
I've been following the weather across the country these past few months and it looks like one of the snowiest winters in a long time. I've been checking out photos people are posting of their driveways, their cars under snow, their steps with several feet of snow, and the roads with huge drifts like this pic. Gross.

And then I look out my window and see green grass, and green bushes. Sure, the ordinary deciduous trees have lost their leaf since last fall, but there are many other species on Vancouver Island that don't lose their leaf, keeping it year round. I often do not wear a jacket, and go out in shirt-sleeves. I was out chopping wood today in a t-shirt, and still worked up a sweat. I've been barbecuing in my shirt sleeves, and often run to town without a jacket. Spring seems to be just around the corner.
this is just enough snow - NONE.

Sure I've had to deal with a lot of rain, but I don't have to shovel rain, and it's easy to walk in. It usually falls straight down, unlike east coast rain that beats into you, drenching you in mere moments. The sunny days are more often now, and soon will outnumber the rainy days. The temps are all above zero, day and night, often up to 10C some days. Before you know it, I'll be sitting out in the sun, working on my tan...island life ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.