Tuesday, February 1, 2011

East Sooke

the mountains are in Washington, USA



see my tiny blackberry on this HUGE log...



gnarly arbutus tree








Karma looks so small here against the tall trees!



















I went for a hike this afternoon in East Sooke, at Aylard's Farm. The hike took me along some gorgeous coastline, and past a really nice man named John from Afghanistan...we had quite a chat actually and talked travel, and he kept flattering me with comments about being strong and smart, because I traveled much of it alone, and I'm a woman. I don't think he was being sexist, I think he just hadn't met many women who are willing to travel alone. He is just back from a visit to Morocco, and lives here in Sooke, has for 20 years he said. He was sitting on a bench along the way, enjoying the scenery with a thermos of coffee and a doobie.

I had wanted to go in the other direction and tried but it was far too muddy and I didn't wear my rubber boots today for some reason. There are petroglyphs in that direction, so I shall have to return another day with me rubber boots on. In any event, the scenery was amazing, so I happily snapped away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.