Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Island Life Adventures

I stood outside under the rainy skies tonight, while the moon, threatened to make an appearance. I was wearing my John Lennon t-shirt and cotton pyjama pants. The temperature was 6C, and light winds. The moon came out for just a few moments in Equimalt where I went for supper with a friend and had some of the best poutine ever from La Belle Patate - real cheese curds, veggie gravy and home cut fries. It's right across the street from this friend, and she works on the Esquimalt naval base. I like seeing our military uniforms. Reminds me of my childhood, living on air force bases all over Canada. I'm here in my last Canadian city on the 44 year Canadian tour. I've lived in all climates, all time zones, and taken both the best and the worst of Canadian weather. I've seen the best of the Canadian landscape, and feel ready to explore another continent, with my memories of Canada stored fondly in my heart. I will be an immigrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.