Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mount Douglas Park









Had enough of the weather induced couch coma so decided to check out Mount Douglas Park. It was just spitting rain, so decided to risk it. I'm not made of sugar after all, no matter what you may think, heh heh. I parked and checked out the view from the dryness of Karma, then opted to hike to the summit. It isn't far, but it is nearly straight up and a bit of a workout for an asthmatic with a chest cold, but I did it, one step at a time. I always keep a puffer in my camera bag anyhow, given I like to photograph on my hikes. By the time I got to the top, it was no longer spitting, it was raining. Good thing my trusty camera bag came with a rain shield, which I had put on before I left the van. The view was quite good, however a lot of fog and mist clouded the mountain views in the distance. I shall have to return on a blue sky day to check out the panoramic view from the top. The park was quite busy too, with all of the parking lots near full. Karma stood out so I took her photo. She looks great in the mountain settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.