Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beacon Hill Birds

After feeling a little shack-whacky, staying in because of the rainy days, I decided to don me rubber boots and get out there. I drove to the park (it's a bit far) and parked Karma, and no sooner had I parked than two peacocks came running over. I had just enough time to snap some close ups. They kind of followed me about in the park, so I had ample opportunity to take some good photos. I also came across some hybrid ducks. Notice the golden brown duck compared to the usual brown of the female black duck. There is also a male duck with a thick white neck band, more of a patch of pure white. I also saw another male duck with a spotted patch on his chest.















It was a bit misty rainy out there, but it felt great to be outside. Victoria has so many gorgeous parks and ocean front, I love it. I took the last shot on Dallas Road, with the mountains in Washington looming across the strait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.