Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank Jaysus We're Finally Out West

















and across the prairies AND Ontario. I don't know which is worse.  I think the prairies. At least northern Ontario had some interesting road art...kind of like what I left behind in a couple of places. What's a gal to do when traveling across the country in a funky bus with a box full of spray paints? PAINT!


Stormy has enjoyed camping and visiting the picnic parks, the rare few that are open. He has taken to going for walks with me on his tether. Sometimes he bounds...I stumble along behind and he usually outruns me and his tether...twwwwwannnnngggg....


Last night's campground was interesting...no running water yet, but the power was on. I could use the bathroom through the woods at the Esso station that closes at 10pm...there were about 20 classic cars and trucks parked in the main lot, all in various stages of decay. I'm not sure what the story is there. There was even an El Camino.


Saw a bear in northern Ontario and a deer earlier today on the prairies.  The rest of the wildlife I saw was smeared on the highway. There were, however, a great deal of cows, horses, and at one point, I think I saw llamas. I reckon I'll see more wildlife once I hit the Alaska highway.


Okay, time to barbecue some supper.

2 comments:

  1. loved the "think" reminded me of the scarecrow in res, grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of poor Minnie Pearl the scarecrow and her words of wisdom when I painted it! She was my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

hey, share your thoughts with me.