Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Karma is Road Ready Again


Time to hit the road again tomorrow.  I picked up the van today and she works wonderfully for me. The steering is much easier with power, ha ha.  No shit. The first car I learned how to drive on was a standard transmission AND standard steering. Pretty rough on the shoulders and arms.  When I bought a car with power steering I nearly spun myself into a frenzy with each turn, oversteering.  The van is quite easy to steer, and very different than a normal vehicle as the driver sits right up front, with little between you and the road beneath, no front hood/engine of course. It’s much like driving a bus, only much smaller and no unruly customers. I’m looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again tonight. So is my body. I wasn’t uncomfortable last night, sleeping in the lazyboy as my friend was sawing some lungers in her sleep last night. However, nothing beats a good sleep with your own pillow and bed. I’ve come quite fond of my bed in the van.
Another fine sunny day today, which thrills me to no end. It’s to be 24C tomorrow – pant pant…I’ll be on the road, heading to St. Catharine’s and Niagara Falls. I have several cousins in the area, and am parking out front of my cousin M’s house. I’ve been told I shall be assisting with renovations in return for parking out front, ha ha.
I took my freshly tattooed leg for a walk this morning as we ran errands and did some shopping. Yeah, it hurts. I can’t stand on that leg for long. I can walk, that’s not too bad, but the standing really makes it hurt, kind of like when you get a bad sunburn on your legs and it hurts to stand up. I know it will improve over time and heal, so I try to limit the standing time.  I’m quite happy with the tattoo and can’t wait for it to be all healed in a few weeks (or more).
I hope Stormy settles in easily at my cousin’s house tomorrow…I can’t recall if she has any pets…this could be interesting. He’s pretty adaptable, so there’s hope, although sometimes the getting to know you pet stage can take a few days. We’re sleeping in the camper again tonight, so he’ll have his own space (and food) again. When we go down, he’ll eat like he hasn’t seen food in a week…then probably puke it back up again, and then proceed to lunch on that…yeah, gross I know…my cat is actually a pig in disguise. Or a dog…dogs eat some pretty gross stuff, like dead animals they find in the woods…and then attempt to share that particularly delightful fragrance with you when they lick your face. At least Stormy has the good sense to go off on his own, clean himself up and he never tries to lick me.
Had supper with another good friend tonight, he cooked for my friend S. and I a sumptuous steak dinner while we caught up on old times, had some laughs, and admired his eggs.
Now it’s time to wrap this post and relax with my friend before heading down to the van for the night with the kid

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.