Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Miramichi to Ontario

Had a fabulous time in Miramichi and hit the road yesterday morning after my interview with Give Er, You're on the River. I have no idea how it will look as they are clipping many pieces together. Please be kind guys...


I drove longer yesterday and today than planned, but now have just short hops for a bit. I was going to stop in Quebec (city) today, possibly for the night, but it was pissing rain and I had wanted to stroll around the downtown core and take photos. I'll have to check QC out another time. I'm coming down with a cold and do not fathom tromping around the city in the pouring rain, with soggy feet, chilled to the bone. So I kept on truckin' and am stopped in Brockville for the night, parked outside a friend's house. I took the scenic route through Montreal. I had planned skirting Montreal and not taking the tunnel, but quickly strayed from my route when trying to decipher a construction detour message. Thanks to my trusty Blackberry though, and its ability to find my location and direct me to a new one, I was back on route, and roaring off again.


Toronto is tomorrow's destination where I'll visit with my good friend M. and her admittedly boisterous family. I can't wait! Her parents are from Ghana.  Sure to be a treat and very interesting. I'll be stopping over for a couple of days, hoping to meet up with some other friends while there as well.  Then it's on to Waterloo for several days. I used to live there, and am meeting up with several friends over the course of the week, and of course, the ritual stroll around campus, and some photos. Now it's time to crawl in for some winks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.