Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stormy is Popular!

Had two more inquiries about Stormy today. One from some asshole who thought it was cool to phone me at 7:00am to ask about him. Of course, I was still asleep in bed, and by the time I climbed down from my sleeping loft to the phone, he had hung up and left me a message. Yeah, Ron. I have something else in mind for you than my kitty...who the hell calls someone's house at 7:00am in response to an ad???

The second response today though just sounds like karma. It was from a woman who had moved to Australia 10 years ago and had to give away her own black cat to do so, and is now back in Canada, and looking to give a home to a kitty as a way of repaying the goodness that comes from our furry friends. So now I am left wondering - how do I make sure I choose the right home for Stormy? I had not been expecting such response. I know that I don't want him to go to a home with dogs, and he must be kept inside as he is an indoor cat. This latest respondent intends on keeping Stormy in as they live on a busy street, which is just fine with me. She also teaches yoga and wanted to know how Stormy would be with strangers, and if he would run and hide. Ah...Stormy and yoga. Firstly, Stormy loves people and takes to just about anyone, climbing up their leg, rubbing his face against them, and if you give him treats - you're his new best friend. He is no wallflower, and I've never known him to run away from anyone or anything - other than the explosion in the house fire last year. As for yoga - Stormy loves to watch me do yoga and often tries to "help"  by walking over me when I'm in a floor pose, ha ha.

So how do I choose? I thought this Saturday arrangement was going to be the one, although I made no commitment, it was just a meet and greet. Now I feel like the latest one is the right home, but until I meet the folks and see where he will be living, I think it will be difficult to decide. I so want him to be in the best home, where folks are not moving all the time like I tend to do. He needs to be somewhere he can look out the window whenever he wants, and with people who love him, and will make sure he does not escape outside. He isn't a darter out the door, but very much an opportunist - if he thinks you are not looking and the door is open - he will go out, for sure. He is very affectionate so would need someone who appreciates this in him and will allow him to get on their lap, and sleep on their bed. Although when he was with my daughter for several months last year, she said he did not sleep on their bed, but it also had two people in it, and there were 3 other cats in the house, some of whom also slept on the bed. So who knows.

Decisions, decisions! I want to make the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.