Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Karma Interest

I've had Karma posted for sale online for a few weeks now, and up until a couple of days ago I've only had scammers respond to the ad. I wrote about that on one of my other blogs and was getting pretty frustrated with them. All of the responses could have come from the same person, they had so much in common. Dirty scammers. In any event, this week I finally received an honest inquiry about Karma and after several emails back and forth about the van - with REAL questions, it is promising. She contacted me by phone last night and we spent at least an hour on the phone discussing Karma as well as our shared thirst for adventure and travel. The interested party is a woman, close to my age, and she wants to drive the van back to Ontario, as well as down through the states to California. She loves the paint job, which is a good thing. I was considering painting it this week, making it all one color because I was worried the current paint job might prevent the van from being sold. I was getting the feeling that the folks who loved the paint job weren't the ones with money enough to buy the van, and the ones who had the money, didn't want a van that looked like mine. 


However, that is not the case with the current interested buyer. We've got plans to meet tomorrow in the city to go for a test drive and for her to get a real good look at Karma to see if it is what she is looking for. I'm hopeful! I really need to sell the van before I move to Australia next month, or I will have to find somewhere to store it while it waits to be sold. I need the cash to buy a vehicle once I arrive in Australia. Funnily enough, last night I had an offer on the van - someone wanted to trade me a 1996 Toyota T100 4x4 in good condition.I had to write back to him and decline - I'm not looking to acquire a truck!


I'm kind of sad that I have to sell Karma, but feel good that the person looking to buy it will take her on another adventure, particularly to California - Karma was meant to go! 


As soon as I sell the van, I was planning to pick up a cheapo weather beater car for about $500 to get me through until my work visa comes in, as I can't be without a vehicle out here in Sooke. Once my visa comes through, I'd be leaving the car behind for my friends in Victoria to have. 


Here's to continuing good Karma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.