Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A trip downtown

- overheard some gal on her cell phone as I walked by "he pled guilty this time"...
- took a photo of an Asian couple in front of the legislature building, standing at the back of the war memorial. He took one of her alone first, after much prep. It was rather cute. There were many foreigners with cameras, speaking all languages.
- A couple of groups of elementary students went in and out of the legislature building, likely on a tour.
- I sat at the war memorial, trying to sketch the leg building and deemed it far too detailed to do in one drawing (for me). If it's nice out tomorrow, I may go back and get up much closer, and choose a portion to draw. I think I'll also bring a blanket...the grass is very dewy these days.
- the ivy on the Empress is full of autumn's color
- the grass is growing fast still, and landscapers were cutting grass all over the city
- the vendors at the harbour front have thinned out, particularly along the "Welcome to Victoria" bank.
- there are far too many interesting stores between my apartment and the harbour...I did, however, manage to pick up some Christmas gifts, and a few things for myself as well.
- it was so warm in the sun, I took off my sweater and sat in my shirtsleeves...ahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.