Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Piano Man

"Sing us a song you're the piano man 
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody 
And you got us feeling alright"


There is a piano man here on the property. He lives in a cabin just down the path from me, but I haven't seen it yet. I might take a walk past there tomorrow if it isn't raining. I've been curious about what is down that path as the landlord drives down there several times a day to work on the houses he is building there. 


I hear the piano man every night, playing away for hours. He seems to be a night owl like me, 1:30am and he was still tickling the ivory. The sound carries through the woods to all of us that live here on the property together each night, lulling us to sleep. I can't hear it from inside the cabin, but each time I'm outside at night, I can hear it. I was soaking in the hot tub tonight, and the sound of the piano man came through the woods. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.