Sunday, January 9, 2011

And The Rain Stopped


  I've been in the cabin for a week now, and yesterday the rain finally stopped. It had started on Tuesday, and rained straight through until Friday where it broke briefly and then started again. I took a swim in the hot tub last night under the stars and it was just awesome. I could have stayed in for hours, but was worried I'd fall asleep and drown myself in the tub. Yeah, not a good idea. I'm sure the owners frown on that.

Stormy has a new girlfriend. She is a Himalayan mix and has been skulking around the cabin these past few days. At night she meows, calling for him. I don't hear her often, but she is there. Stormy is definitely happy to have all of the glass to look out through. I read about a study last year that put kitty cams on 500 cats and they spent 70% of their time looking out the window. I think they are probably always plotting their escape. Stormy is sitting at his post as I write this.

The power was out yesterday for about 8 hours after someone ran their car into a hydro pole. I had the wood stove burning, and tons of candles. I cooked on a butane cook stove, so we were good. I read until I couldn't see well enough. I have a book light, but didn't bother. Stormy and I spent a lot of time resting our eyes on the sofa while we listened to tunes on my laptops, until the battery ran down in both of them. I made a thermos of Bailey's hot chocolate to sip through the evening.

It's sunny again today, with some clouds, and a breeze of wind that makes it a little raw out there. I think Stormy and I shall be observing this fine day from the inside, sipping more Bailey's hot chocolate on the sofa. No, Stormy will not be having hot chocolate.









No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.