Friday, August 27, 2010

The Writer's Life




So I've been in my apartment for 2 weeks now. Have mostly settled in, just waiting for the neighbor to move out this weekend and leave me her sofa and loveseat. I've rescued some curbside furniture and painted it up. All of the painting is finally done in the apartment, though mr handyman has been here nearly every day since, working in other units, or on the building itself. It hasn't been too distracting, but I do see him pass in front of my window several times a day. Not as much however, as the Brit next door. She paces the walkway and the driveway on the other side of the privacy hedge, smoking and chatting on the phone. My window is usually closed, so I don't hear her, thankfully. I just happen to notice her.

I've been getting some writing down, some research started, a fair bit of reading. I am finding the days fly by though, I wish they'd slow down. I checked into taking a sign language course this winter at the University of Victoria, however I have to take the first course, offered this fall. I can't do that as I'll be on the road for a few weeks, missing several classes. So I'm looking at taking some writing workshops in late fall from somewhere else. They have November dates, so that works for me.

Stormy has settled right in and I had him out for his first walk today. I hadn't taken him out before as I didn't have his harness. I forgot to ask my daughter to pop that in the cage with him. I picked one up this morning and let him get used to it before we went for a short walk. He likes to sniff everything, so it ends up being a lot of standing, not much walking. Almost like visiting a museum with someone who likes to take their time...hard on my back and not real entertaining.

I haven't been feeling up to snuff all week, mostly due to my fibromyalgia...got an achy breaky body...GAWD how I hated that Billy Ray Cyrus song...so I've been doing a lot of restless resting...can't get comfortable, too tired to sit all the time, and too sore to do much walking. I did walk over to my former host house last night for a couple of drinks, and paid for that on the way home. Thankfully it was cooler, so at least I wasn't overheated and sore. Just sore. It's what I love so much about Victoria's weather - cool nights. Always. Thank-you Victoria.

And now, with my writing put away for now, I'm going to sack on the ghetto sofa with Stormy and watch Ellen. She makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.