Friday, August 20, 2010

Thanks But No Thanks

Okay, I have had 4 visits from neighbors already today. 4 more than I was expecting or desired. First with the drill bits that weren't drill bits and now Anita has come pounding on my door with a blouse she thought I might like. I told her I stopped wearing clothes like that when I quit my government job. But thank-you just the same. She walked away, holding the so-not-my-taste blouse in front of her. I wear t-shirts and tank tops, not frilly-old-lady-office-manager-who-shops-at-Sears. Oh, and the Brit was back again. She's also shouted hello through the window where my desk looks out. I'm going to have to shut this down real quick or I'll be packing soon. I didn't realise that in being friendly with them in passing would quickly develop into "here are some clothes I thought you might like". Personally I think she was trying to get a look in at my apartment, as her neck near stretched off her shoulders while I was talking to her at the door.

I was looking for a quiet refuge to get some writing done. I may have to work at creating that. It might result in the purchase of some kind of window covering. I had wanted to be able to look out the window but that appears to come at a price. The view is so pleasant though, other than the neighbors...it's a beautiful tall green hedge with trees woven in and around it. Sigh...whine, whine, whine.

On a brighter note, I did get some writing done this morning, despite the interruptions and feel pretty good about that, and pleased with how easily it did flow when I got going. I was worried I would be facing some of the same block I had on the road. Nope - I'm off and running...to Walmart right now for something to cover the window...probably a sheet in a bright color that will keep nosy neighbors out but still let some light in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.