Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life in Victoria

I wrote this post a few days back on July 2, but didn't have a net connection so am just posting it now.

I haven’t written much lately because not much has been going on. I’ve been just living in Victoria, getting used to some daily life, parked in my friend’s back yard. It’s been busy, as there is a toddler involved, and many friendly neighbors. Tomorrow night is a big bash for my friend’s 30th birthday and the theme is rockin’ seventies – dress like disco never died. I have just the dress…a floor length brown dress with butterfly lace at the bottom, and smocking up top. It proposes to be quite a fun night, as long as the weather cooperates.
The van sits untouched. A neighbour tinkered with it for a moment, and I drove it into the back yard off the street, but nothing else has happened with it. I’ve had some offers, but so far no one has followed through, so next week I shall be taking the matter into my own hands like I should have in the first place. I don’t have all summer to waste when I could be traveling all over the island and back to Van to visit with some friends…places to go, people to see, things to do…

Canada Day was yesterday and we did very little to celebrate…the weather was spotty rain all day long so we sat out on the deck with visiting friends part of the time, and hung out inside the rest of the time. There were fireworks but we were all too tired to walk down to see them, as someone would have to stay behind with the toddler.  I did however have two temporary tattoos on my face, both of which I forgot to take off when I headed out for a walk to the park and some shopping with my friend A…they are now off. The neighbors were partying hard last night, loud and strong until about 1am, when everything went suddenly quiet…

I bought a new computer this week…the mini-pc from Dell just wasn’t cutting the mustard.  I couldn’t get the portable dvd drive to work consistently and it refused to play many of my cds and dvds. I couldn’t see the tiny screen well enough from a comfortable position either, so I sucked it up and bought a full-size computer.  I use my computer too much to be unhappy with using the mini-pc. It wasn’t cheap, but oh boy do I like it.  I thought it had a backlit keyboard, as I’m certain I asked the salesman that, but either I don’t have it turned on, or it doesn’t do it. These things don’t come with manuals anymore…just software manuals, and hardware manuals for devices, but no how do I use my own damn computer manual.  I bought a Toshiba Satellite. I still need a case for it, as my former bag for the laptop I lost in the fire is about an inch too short, and it won’t close…which is useless to me. So I have to go on the hunt for one of those….the computer is completely white with a small bit of silver, so any color is possible! It sure is nice to work on, which was entirely the point. The mini-pc lost its appeal for me shortly after I bought it, so this has been a long time coming.

I couldn’t ask for better weather here. Not too hot, not too cold, with lots of sun and cooler nights for sleeping. Perfect. I am never too hot to sleep at night, which is frigging huge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.