Thursday, March 18, 2010

Okay, that was a learning experience

So there were lessons learned. At first I taped down the letters, traced them out and tried to paint them in. That was easier said than done. My pencil scratched the base paint off, and didn't always leave a pencil mark. And hand painting - it looked like crap for the first phrase. The pink wasn't too bad, but I'll still have to either border them or make a stencil a shade bigger and even out the edges. Then I finally did what I should have done in the beginning - made my own stencil. I looked for days for stencil that looked like more than letters you find on a wooden crate somewhere. I tried cutting out the stencils, but by scissors, they are ragged letters. So I tried a utility knife. Not much better, as it ran away from me, hard to control. Then I found this rig at Staples today - the cat's ass.


I'm far from done, and have just a little bit more lettering to do, like finish one of the lyrics, and a polish greeting on the rear hatch. Then I have to finish up the sun, and start on the other details, like the flowers, tree, grassline, shoreline, butterflies, dragon flies, and of course, Stormy. I think I'll start there on the weekend. I need lots of light to do it, and after supper just isn't enough time as the sun starts to set just as I get here. 


I am very thankful for the wonderful sunny and dry weather we have been getting these past two weeks. Without it, my painting would have been much tougher to do.  I'll be glad when everything is done and I can begin to enjoy the van, beginning with bringing it back over by the apartment. Once the painting is done, I'll be checking out of the locker, and parking it in the parking lot. I hope no one tags it...eeek...I'll be sure to take lots of pics before I park it, just in case.


I must go, I have stencils to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.