Thursday, March 25, 2010

Almost Finished!

The pink ribbon is for breast cancer awareness and the butterfly I painted next to it is for my dear friend Brenda who is currently kicking breast cancer's ass.  I'll have you with me Brenda, all the way!


There are still some details left to be painted in, like flower stems, some outlining, some touch-up where the stencils messed.  Karma finally has her eyelashes. I am trying to figure out where I want to put her name yet. On her "brow" or on the cap...hmmm....the mushrooms are being done in layers. I didn't get to it at all today.


It is quite a tight space to work in, particularly on the passenger side, which is unfortunate since that is also where the sliding door is. So I have had to wedge myself in, and sometimes nearly stand on my head to get at some of the space to stencil. It was not easy. I can't get a good look at the van in perspective either, as I can't get far back enough to see the whole thing at once. She should be coming out of the locker on Saturday is my hope, and then I can finish up moving stuff in when it's parked outside of my apartment again.  I haven't been able to spare the time to clean up as it gets dark on me quick.


I'll be glad when I get on the road...I'm running out of steam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.