Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wrapping up the Tour

Well, this will be my last post for this blog as my year of travelling wraps up this weekend. It has been an amazing year, and just what the doctor ordered. I have made some wonderful friends, taken in some beautiful music, explored some gorgeous landscapes, and experienced some amazing times. I feel refreshed, energized, and ready to hit the ground running in my next adventure - Australia. Here are the highlights of the past year, in no particular order:

  • 8 music concerts - Crosby, Stills & Nash, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (opened by Joe Cocker), Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band, Van Morrison (opened by John Legend), Bob Dylan, Roger Waters:The Wall Live, and Eric Clapton. 
  • 24,000 kilometres that spanned from Halifax to Alaska to Oregon in the Karma van
  • visits with many of my friends and family in New Brunswick, Brockville, Waterloo, Kitchener, Mississauga, Toronto, St. Catharine's Winnipeg, Devon, Whitehorse, Marsh Lake, Enderby, Kamloops, Kelowna, Gibsons, Burnaby, Campbell River, and last but not least by any means - Victoria.
  • camping dozens of venues such as campgrounds, rv parks, rest areas, truck stops, ballfield parking lots, Wal-mart parking lots, backyards, front yards, driveways, curbsides, and my personal favorite - next to a babbling brook in my friend Lucille's gorgeous field behind her house in Enderby.
  • thousands of photos of landscapes, wildlife, concerts, buildings, people, and whatever caught my eye
  • drank, ate, and smoked whatever and whenever I wanted (within reason - I am not as young as I used to be)
  • spent every single cent that I had for the year
Now it is time to head to Australia tomorrow and get back to work. It's been a marvelous year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.