Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stormy's Ready for Las Vegas!

Stormy had his vet appointment today at the Heritage Cat Clinic. He had his shots updated and a full exam. He was found to be in good health, other than his little anxiety problem. Stormy has been a chronic over licker, gnawing at his legs and belly mostly. It's been growing back in but then it itches him so he licks it. I put cream on him but then he licks that off, vicious cycle. The vet told me about Feliway, a synthetic pheromone developed to mimic the facial pheromone that cats exhibit when they're happy. It's worth a shot since nothing else I've tried. You just spray it in their environment where they hang out the most. She was out, and wanted a small fortune for the spray so I looked online and found some for half the price. He did well at the vet, got two needles, and a good exam. He weighs 16 lbs 10 oz...like a small toddler. He seemed very comfortable in the kitty exam room.
Stormy has his certificate of good health for the border and the Animal Inn he's staying in while we're in Las Vegas later this month. He can't stay in the Excalibur with me so I'm boarding him there instead. He will have his own condo, two 'rooms' and access to the playroom. The rest of the time he'll be with me in the van. I have a hotel booked in Hollywood but it's pet-friendly.

Stormy is going to be so very well traveled...

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, share your thoughts with me.